An historical day
 Login/Join

Treasurer
Picture of Unter den Uebrigen
posted
Low Caliber Club
go to MSN.com Click 2 Play!

Groups

Low Caliber Club   Welcome Unter_den_Uebrigen (manager)
lowcaliberclub@groups.msn.com

What's New
  Welcome Page  
  Club Constitution  
  Current Members  
  Message Board  

Calendar  

Chat  

Maps  

Pictures  

Skins  

Manager Tools  

General : An historical day  
Prev Discussion  Next Discussion  Delete  Send Replies to My Inbox 
Recommend Delete    Message 1 of 3 in Discussion 
From: Unter_den_Uebrigen  (Original Message)Sent: 1/16/2002 5:00 PM

Well, boys, this is it: we finally hit the big time.

The Server is up, and it's all ours. If, for the time being, it happens to be unadvertised (and maybe we'll keep it that way for a while to have a retreat to practice amongst ourselves), just type this from the console at any time:

Hit <Tab>, and then type "Open 208.254.40.150" without the quotes.

I had it set up for eight man death match yesterday and the Pings seemed to be consistent.  Even though it's based in Boston, people in Europe got tolerable Pings, and I imagine the West Coast (which is equidistant) might fair similarly.

You should find the modified version of the DM-1on1 on there I mentioned earlier.  I'd ask you guys especially to let me know what you think, and any suggestions for the final version which we'll then make public.

The Server is, by the way, scheduled to be up 24/7 with the occasional maintenance outage; it runs, I'm told, on some of the best hardware available with a very priveleged connection to the Internet backbone.

-UdÜ

First  Previous  2-3 of 3  Next  Last  Delete Replies 
Recommend Delete    Message 2 of 3 in Discussion 
Actually, boys, been having some problems with the configuration, and so you might find the server up and down all day.  But the map is in the Maps folder under Discussion Boards for your download and perusal.  Just download it into the Rune\Maps folder.

Remember it's a BETA, so let's test it and approve it before letting it out to the public.

Recommend Delete    Message 3 of 3 in Discussion 
Server's back up , boys, and it's lookin' great.  Come on by for a little beta testing and tweaking.

Notice: Microsoft has no responsibility for the content featured in this Group. Click here for more info.
 MSN - More Useful Everyday
  MSN Home     My MSN     Hotmail     Search     Shopping     Money     People & Chat
 ©2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Advertise   TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement   GetNetWise

Posts: 1457 | Location: Altadena | Registered: Tue January 07 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post