Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives    Gamespy scanner port
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamespy scanner port
 Login/Join

<Misanthrope>
posted
[http://www.lowcaliber.com/archives/030111od.htm]

From: Misanthrope (Original Message) Sent: 12/12/2002 11:41 AM
I just recently got HoV, since nobody runs Sark Ball servers, I'm going to be running my own because that mod is seriously addicting. Since I'm obsessed with rankings, I want to make sure I get the scores on the csports ladder. I've been watching my logs, but haven't been able to determine which one is the gamespy scanner. So which port does Gamespy use to access the game stats? I just need the port number so I can forward it through the router to the host system.

If anyone hasn't played Sark Ball (tonight was my first night), I'll probably be running the server tommorow night for awhile. My first real guest (other than my roommate) was actually an LCC member, namely Bugsyy. It might run a bit laggy, but it should be fun, I'll make the server name "Misanthrope's Sark Ball" or something to that extent if anyone's interested. Let me know.
- Misanthrope

---------------------------
Nevermind about that question, it appears that as long as the game is visible to the gamespy network, they don't need a different port to leech the scores off of it. I was thinking of how TheCLQ.com would use a different port to obtain Counter Strike scores off servers.

New question: is there anything special that you need to do in order to get the admin web server to run? I've tried using various IP addresses, including my IP address on the LAN, my WAN ip, and just the regular loopback ip of 127.0.0.1, but none of them show up in my browser though if I netstat my connection, it shows that a web server is running. Any ideas?
-Misanthrope

------------------------------
Good stuff, man. NuTT had brought up making a Low Cal Sark Ball. Maybe once we're back up we can work something out.

UdÜ

Reply With QuoteReport This Post