Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Red Carpet    I need your help....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need your help....
 Login/Join

Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted
I am going to lose my neck, kneecaps, and or thumbs if I don't come up with $2500 by next week. Just a little (ha!) trouble with some bookies.

I am now accepting donations through my paypal account. I already have $800 by my own means. I would like to say that I will pay anyone back who can help but I just can't promise that right now.
You all know I'll try my best.

Just kidding
I am actually half really starting my business. It is no major launch or anything, but I will need to have a registered business, domain, etc. and will be sending invoices and everything.

So the part I need some help with is coming up with a name. I am mostly going to be doing graphic design services including logos and business cards. I don't know all that much about web stuff to do it on my own, however I am subcontracting through Seri solutions doing web work for them. So I may eventually expand to that.
I may be ok at graphic design, but coming up with names is not my strong point. Just look at the titles of some of my stuff on DA.
So if anyone could think of a cool yet professional name (that hopefully isn't taken) for a graphics design company and maybe eventually a web design company, I would be much obliged.
Smile

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Lol, some friends and I almost started a web developing company not too long ago. It failed before it started (which was probably a good thing...)

The name we came up with was "Tangyboy Development". It's yours if you want it.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol thanks. I'll keep it on the list of possibilites.
Smile

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Ok I was thinking about NextGen accelerated Pixel(s). That doesn't sound that great by its self, but N-Gap studios sounds sweet...

Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Here is my list so far. what ones do you guys like?
I am liking mythic multimedia
This is a brainstorming thing so bear with me
Business Names:

- Tangyboy Development
- 7445 studios (designs, multimedia, etc)
- Something to do with rune, ragarok, etc. The word "RUNE" means "mystery", "to whisper", "secret"
- Bellyfat designs
- Gas hole enterprise
- strategery solutions
- socket unlimited
- New era web force
- NexGen Accelerated Graphics and Web power
- NExGenXcel
- NexGenAccelerated Pixles N-Gap studio
- slogan can be The Next Generation of visual power
- mythpixle
- multi myth
-mythic multimedia
- mythicmm.com available Smile

Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I like NGap, but the goofier names are the ones that stand out to me the most. As long as you look professional (and do professional caliber work) you're good to go. NGap is easy to forget... the following are not:

-Tangyboy Development
-Bellyfat designs
-Gas Hole Enterprise

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
I agree... it would be kind of funny to do one of those... and they do stand out the most and are the easiest to remember... I just don't know if they are too untasteful

Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
I PREDICT YOU CHOSE MYTHIC MULTIMEDIA FOR A NAME!!!!!!!

How come though? You're building an art community based on mythology? Like the game Mythic Blades that was supposed to come out this month! Meh! Congratulations on... whatever the whatever you're doing, Phyllis. Now that Socks died and doesn't know when he's coming back we can get some Call Of Duty in; just so you knows!!!!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16551051/

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol yeah you have to make the wallpaper to see if it will work.
But I think I am going to go with mythic if it isn't taken in the name registration with the state.

See it's mythic because the work I do is so good, that it is a thing of myth and legend.... or something . Smile

Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
Wait you have Call of Duty?! Is it the CD-Key I gave you?

... how goes the bidness.....?

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Yeah I think it is...

To tell the truth, I don't have enough experience to fully launch my own biz right now and my other job is giving me like 2 hrs a month so I am looking for another job for now...

Picture of POKRISHKA
posted Hide Post
What about N.A.P. - New Age Pictures. I don't actually know if the word 'age' could be used here but ^^

Posts: 841 | Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia | Registered: Mon May 31 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol not really... That draws kind of the wrong impression I think... For most americans anyway

Picture of POKRISHKA
posted Hide Post
lol, ok - just the first stuff came to my head ^^

Posts: 841 | Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia | Registered: Mon May 31 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol np