Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Red Carpet    Argument against videogame violence claims
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argument against videogame violence claims
 Login/Join

Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted
Well, I am pretty sure most of you here would agree with me that violent video games don't cause violent people.
It is almost all in how you are raised.
For instance, I shot me this kid today, and I still feel bad about it.
Just kidding it was a squrrel, but still. I have been playing rune, SOF, and every other violent game for years, and it didn't help me at all.
Poor little guy... even if he was being a bastard and chewing bark off all our trees thus killing big limbs and making them look ugly...

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Then my sister has to go and do an autopsy... and film it...

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Why'd you shoot him?

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Because they have been chewing all the bark off our trees and killing large parts of them.
We got a trap for them now though so I won't have to shoot em anymore.
But if you let them go they will kill whole trees... Destructive little bastards they are

Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, killin' stuff is kind of hard.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Secretary
Picture of Midknight
posted Hide Post
LOL hhahah I do it because those damned things kill birds too. They pillage nests which really tick me off. Oh ya on the other note I was born and raised on MORTAL KOMBAT. What is violence? A cheesy 2d graphic that collides with another? meh Whatever.

I am also happy to say that I will be frontending a discussion forum for game developers to sponsor a game developing course at the school I am currently attending. Big Grin I am the admin Big Grin

Posts: 1280 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Sat January 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Yeah they do. Killed a bunch of robins this spring, yet left all the sparrows alone... Sarcasm
But yeah, I even have a hard time fishing sometimes if it isn't catch and release.
Anyhow, yeah, just a note how I can play violent vidoe games my whole life, yet it still bothers me killing a pesky squirrel or fishing.
That to me shows there has to be a whole lot more wrong with you if you become some crazy killer than just spending too much time playing games...

BTW
BAD - ASS mid. Congrats on that man. Let us know whats up with that and all of course.

Picture of Mr_Fister
posted Hide Post
I have a different point of view than most people when it comes to killing. I will go out of my way to avoid killing, but I am also a firm believer that killin' is necessary sometimes. First off, death is a natural part of life, so not killing is rather unnatural.Things kill to eat (people included) or to defend territory or defend others of their family/clan/gang. Now to the bad killing... Killing something to mount it on your wall is bad... Killing something to make your life better is usually bad (cept food)....
Basically what I'm saying is the intent determines whether killing is right or wrong. Prolonged deaths (such as torture or cats) is horribly wrong, but is it wrong for me to kill a cat to save a bird? Yes and no... all depends on which you like more. In conclusion I wish we could all get along and have no killing, but we have limited resources on this little mudball, so I think killing will only escalate in the near future till we balance out supply and demand again. Cynical maybe , but I would kill a Meth-head to save my Mom any day Smile.

Now to Middie.... wewt! That sounds dope man and I wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 691 | Location: The Ocean! | Registered: Wed January 22 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Yeah I kinda agree with that. I'd kill to save the people I love.
I am also thinking, that the higher the lifeform, the worse it is to kill it.
I doubt many of us feel bad about smacking some mosquitos or flies, but to kill a dog or something would just seem and is way worse.
So I am thinking the smarter the thing is you are killing the worse and more sensless it would seem

Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
I'd kill everything that stands in the way of my happyness Cool ... and i'm not joking.

Posts: 539 | Location: Romania | Registered: Sun January 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post