Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Red Carpet    When we get the new server...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When we get the new server...
 Login/Join

Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted
Why don't we just use it to host our website too?
Then just set it up with some freeware forum software.
Then we just have server and domian name cost wise...
Unless unter is going to keep it for other uses anyway.
Just an idea

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I gotta admit.. surfing these forums is dreadful. It's slow... and, well, awful.

I talked with Unter about switching to vbulletin and we agreed it would be a good idea. However, we're not so sure a script exists to convert our infopop/eve database to vbulletin. We are not at all interested in losing our old posts, so the burden may have to fall on Unter to code it himself; which should take a bit of time since he's quite busy.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Really!?!
Almost everything has a special database export feature that is universal... or so I thought!
Oh well yes. So slow, be glad to switch.

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Well I'm not an expert, by any means, and I could be repeating this stuff all wrong.

Let's put it in simpler terms: To my knowledge we may not be able to convert without some sort of hand coding by Unter.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
yeah that sucks............

Secretary
Picture of Midknight
posted Hide Post
What type of database? Eve and vBulletin are just the PHP frontends to a database. I might have the guy we need to help us jump to another frontend.

Posts: 1280 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Sat January 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Fister
posted Hide Post
As always I am here only for moral support.... but ya!!!

Posts: 691 | Location: The Ocean! | Registered: Wed January 22 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of POKRISHKA
posted Hide Post
I know you have problems with database but maybe anyone can help me to find the way to export database from ProBoards to PHPBB that we have in our new Rune Federation site which is made on RunCMS engine? I just have no idea how and where to check :S

Posts: 841 | Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia | Registered: Mon May 31 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
lol at this topic

srsly

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post