Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Red Carpet    Clutter in General Forum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clutter in General Forum
 Login/Join

Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted
There is a whole lot of crap there, I'm finding it harder and harder to find useful threads.

Do you think it would be beneficial to have a Lounge (off-topic) area? We could move some existing threads over, such us Sup Kracka, Desktop, and a few of the recent ones.

Opinions are appreciated.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emeritus
Picture of Dante
posted Hide Post
Yep a 'soapbox' section where people can rant is worth a try. I'm guessing no real harm in re-integration later on if some reason comes up?

Posts: 1258 | Location: "Auslander" | Registered: Wed May 21 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Yeah that might be good. Try it. Sounds like a good idea to me

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
posted Hide Post
Brilliant, Dant'. I knew we needed a better name than "the lounge", "Soapbox" is nice. Thumbs Up

I'd still like to hear a few more opinions in case someone has a good reason for not doing it.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ']['|-|E_Szerdi
posted Hide Post
so the new forum would be the relevant info or the spam city of Socks and Pokrishka?

Posts: 247 | Location: MI, USA | Registered: Wed June 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Secretary
Picture of Midknight
posted Hide Post
Ya 'SoapBox' thats perfect! A box in whatever form.

Posts: 1280 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Sat January 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krackhead
posted Hide Post
Make a section called Sup Kracka........

just a thought.

Posts: 910 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: Sun January 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
posted Hide Post
Anyone else?

Picture of Eisregen
posted Hide Post
chit chat

simple and serious Smile

Posts: 425 | Location: Saxony, Germany | Registered: Tue July 01 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
Spam at its finest

Posts: 539 | Location: Romania | Registered: Sun January 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emeritus
Picture of kyr0xx0r
AIM: Online Status For imsofakingl33t
posted Hide Post
im down with it being called sup kracka

Posts: 838 | Location: So, Cal | Registered: Thu June 26 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
I'd just rather keep it the same... a lot of us are in-and-out people unless there's something to post. The thing I always liked about this forum is that I can go, click, click, leave. Another section is just another extra click which isn't so worth it. Anyone can read around the crap in general because this is an extremely inactive forum (even if you rarely visit). Plus, you're essentially considering it the spam section... if I'm making a new topic I don't what to call it, "spam" or "general"... because soapbox is a place for people to bitch and moan, spam is a stupid pointless annoying message... now I'd rather just post it in general and let the reader choose.

Before you say so, I know Mano wants general to be "Rune related" stuff.... and blahblah (gf topics, sup kwaka, I'm-back-and-I-have-issues topics, etc)... but that doesn't change anything, we don't have enough activity here to consider it worth it. I thought general was general.

A new section just complicates the forum for little to no reason "IMO!111" but whatever. Since people have been rather assholeish around here lately I don't expect anyone to agree so whatever... do what you want (I just thought the simple sections were perfect and a highlight of this forum... one of the things that [made] me like coming here so often... sorry).

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
PENCIL you fugly old mofo! ROLF!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! (remember that.. hahah)////////////

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krackhead
posted Hide Post
PENCIL you fugly old mofo! ROFL!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! (remember that.. hahah)////////////HA.

Posts: 910 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: Sun January 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
The content of your post is highly plagiarized

Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
There are more sections of this forum that meets the eye Wink
But i must agree with Pencil on this one. The general activity is rather scarce so another section will be just extra-weight. I'm barely checking the forum these days (ahem..months); I only check General and Red Carpet; i must admit that i don't bother checking the other 2 sections. The 'minutes' are not interesting to me considering that i can't play that much and the new players are just trolls; and the 'tech' section is full of non-interesting stuff - no offense intended.

Posts: 539 | Location: Romania | Registered: Sun January 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
LOL, where did all those posts come from Smile? Yes I do remember that (I should be able to play legally by tonight, preording HL2-Silver Smile). Kwakhed is in the darkzor (sounds like a super-villian's name).

Sorry for the hostility of my other post, at least whatever was after the second double-linebreak. Thanks for agreeing, Imp, was hoping someone would. Hey if you guys want an extra section that's cool but everything seems calm and simple around here (I can't even bring myself to check upon certain PM topics we got in here, that's how lazy I like to be when it comes to checking this place Suspicion). It's like sex; you're in, you're out and sometimes you manage to leave something behind that you may regret later Red Face.

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eisregen
posted Hide Post
that's why you should use a condom. (now tell me: how to use this information when checking the forums)

why not ban socks and pok for a while to clean up the whole place?

Posts: 425 | Location: Saxony, Germany | Registered: Tue July 01 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol. I don't even know why they still hang around so much. Everyone isn't that nice to them.,...

Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eisregen:
that's why you should use a condom. (now tell me: how to use this information when checking the forums)

why not ban socks and pok for a while to clean up the whole place?

If you think about it, using a condom is just another form of banning Holy Shit

Edit:
...and bann(g)ing is not the answer TwEaK