Find
Notify
Tools

Me again
 Login/Join

Emeritus
Picture of Faison
posted
Just wondering who all still plays Rune or has everyone finaly moved on to other games and what are they? Also would like to catch up with everyone it's been a long time and just wanted to see if everyone is still doing well.

Posts: 329 | Registered: Thu January 30 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Secretary
Picture of Midknight
posted Hide Post
I am contemplating on reinstalling Rune. Just have to figure a couple things out on the work side to allow the time.

Since we last talked I have now been hired on as the lead interactive multimedia developer for a Corporation up here in Canada. Been busy in Edmonton with the oil sands economic boom going on here in Alberta.

Planning a trip to the Azores islands of Portugal in 2008. Euro Cup and possibly further into Europe. Eis!!! might see you in Germany.

Besides working a lot and gaining a huge amount of experience there hasn't been really anything big going on.

Posts: 1280 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Sat January 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Noice.

I am going full time in may (hopefully) as head of the internal etraining systems at the place I am interning at.

Bought a house... being built. Done in 5 months or so.

... that is all for me mostly

Congrats on your lead position there Middy

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, no time for games. But I still play Rune MP sometimes and also playing through Dark messiah SP whenever I can.

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Socketboy:
wa wo wee wo! good for you phillip!!!!!!!!

yeah we didn't really move on to new games, just moved on with our lives. i'm making a pretty successful recovery from the game/geek phase, only games i play are on wii or a pc game like syberia 2 lately... plus i haven't played any other game for an hour without a crash or at least one problem in months.

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Midknight:
Euro Cup and possibly further into Europe. Eis!!! might see you in Germany.

I'm going to Eurocup with some of my friends. Maybe we'll see eachother there... Beer

quote:
Besides working a lot and gaining a huge amount of experience there hasn't been really anything big going on.

Workaholic?

Posts: 539 | Location: Romania | Registered: Sun January 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pencil:
quote:
Originally posted by Socketboy:
wa wo wee wo! good for you phillip!!!!!!!!

yeah we didn't really move on to new games, just moved on with our lives. i'm making a pretty successful recovery from the game/geek phase, only games i play are on wii or a pc game like syberia 2 lately... plus i haven't played any other game for an hour without a crash or at least one problem in months.

Indeed - thanx

Going to be a little interesting being that there is no way I can afford it by myself for now, so I am going to have to keep a fresh stock of roomates to pay my mortgage for me, but I am excited. Finally be moving out of my parents house lol

Picture of Eisregen
posted Hide Post
hey hey!

middy in germany? cool cool! just let me know and i'll be there (probably...) Razz
for me i can say that i don't play much lately, i'm stuck with old dos games like transport tycoon deluxe! i got myself a PS3 a few days ago so i'll be playing some console games in the future. it just sucks that you can't play computer games without having at least on crash or shit like that. ("Windows couldn't find anything - upgrade your system, sucker!")

sup, faison?

Posts: 425 | Location: Saxony, Germany | Registered: Tue July 01 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Secretary
Picture of Midknight
posted Hide Post
Awesome to hear you got a place Socket! It is averaging $400,000 for a 1000 sq. ft. place here in Edmonton right now. So thats out of the question for me. Good luck with your job as well!

Pencil..... DUDER!!! Nice to see you sporting some sweet wheels. I am looking into the SUV Crossover Models. Need some room for peeps and gear to get out of the city and into the mountains.

Imp!!!!! Ya my friend has the hook up in Portugal for a good two weeks on the islands with his family. Then off too Eurocup. Hope to see you there. LOL workaholic hahaha I am developing scheduling and reporting systems for several divisions with different Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERPs). Should be improving the companies production ten fold and make some of our operating segments the largest in Western Canada and hopefully the US.

Eis... regen!!! For sure we will hang out when I get over there. I am waiting for a Wii!! Although my one friend wants to do it big with a Wii tournament on his projection screen.

Good to hear from you guys.

Posts: 1280 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Sat January 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
tanks! you're doing real well for yourself congrats man.

DO GET A WII, i don't play it much at home but when my mod chip gets delivered it's the only gaming i'll be doing for loooooong time

and eis, so true, my once-$500-video-card can't even play rainbow six vegas (shader model 3.0 wtf?) so i just give up, i'm not keeping up with this shit anymore

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awesome to hear you got a place Socket! It is averaging $400,000 for a 1000 sq. ft. place here in Edmonton right now. So thats out of the question for me. Good luck with your job as well!

Pencil..... DUDER!!! Nice to see you sporting some sweet wheels. I am looking into the SUV Crossover Models. Need some room for peeps and gear to get out of the city and into the mountains.

Imp!!!!! Ya my friend has the hook up in Portugal for a good two weeks on the islands with his family. Then off too Eurocup. Hope to see you there. LOL workaholic hahaha I am developing scheduling and reporting systems for several divisions with different Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERPs). Should be improving the companies production ten fold and make some of our operating segments the largest in Western Canada and hopefully the US.

Eis... regen!!! For sure we will hang out when I get over there. I am waiting for a Wii!! Although my one friend wants to do it big with a Wii tournament on his projection screen.

Good to hear from you guys.

Thanks man. Yeah that is a lot. I couldn't afford it in the City - not even close.

This isn't bad though like 260 for 2200 sq ft + full unfinished basement, 2 car garage, and right off a 13 acre park with mountain views, only another house on 1 side.

helps when your mom works for the company too Smile

Lamur
Picture of SHADY
posted Hide Post
you must live in Macon GA.

"The more I drink,
The better you look."

-- a drunk.

Posts: 1041 | Location: Belmont CA | Registered: Tue January 28 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
What's up fellas? I haven't been doing much gaming at all. I do have a Wii-Box360 (XBox 360 in the living room, Wii in the back family room.) Penny, we should hook up in nintendo land or whatever. Smile

I haven't been spending much time on the PC lately... both computers were on the fritz and I was too lazy to fix them and too cheap to bring one in to be fixed. I finally replaced the hard drive on this one the other day so the internet might be a more common destination for me. I check a few things from work but never forums because I do not trust 'big brother'!

Speaking of work, it is going real well. My boss is taking care of me.. got me a raise (on the down low) because nobody was supposed to get one this year. But he told his boss that another company was trying to hire me away. So they gave me a raise to stay on board. Hoping for a promotion soon... been in this position for almost one year now and itching for a new challenge.

Home owning is cool, Phil. We are going into our second summer as homeowners so we are looking forward to a boatload of summer entertaining.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
sure, 1691 0404 4133 9847, you?

modchipped the wii, neither pc plays a game without crashing, so its my last resort for fun (girlfriend > car > new puppy > wii). got every wii game that's come out so far + some fun gamecube games.... for $11 and some soldering... do it.

e/ its Wii60 you silly bitch (if modding the 360 isn't hellish i might buy one, so long as games are free! fuck computers)

posted Hide Post
6415 1313 4173 3801 is mine and tets.

Posts: 131 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: Tue July 22 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
posted Hide Post
2236 9678 2875 5471 -- had the Wii since February but just got internet to it yesterday so I'm fumbling my way through it.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
Sweet, good to see you around. I'll have to talk to Shady to see if we can take you off of the enemy list Wink

Picture of Socks
posted Hide Post
i really want a wii but i dont trust myself with installing a mod chip lol.

this is my signature eh

Posts: 651 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: Wed March 24 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Socks:
i really want a wii but i dont trust myself with installing a mod chip lol.

WORD.

I'd trust someone like david to do it, but I am a coward.

Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post
mail your wii and maybe some blank dvds here and i'd do it for free in an hour lol

i only had the balls to do it because i had to solder the stock wiring harness in my car which was a much bigger job

its not hard at all though, just have to find a very small gauge wire (they didn't have one this small at radio shack) and its just six wires soldered from a pad on the wii to a pad on the chip. the hardest part was stripping the wire lol. my friend had already bought the soldering iron, wires, tri-wing screwdriver etc... so i had and still have the tools to do it no problem

worst thing that could happen with me is we'll have a spare screw for some reason, oh well