Low Caliber Club
Low Caliber Club
    Low Caliber Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Work in Progress    Destroyable objects with fast respawns?

Moderators: Impaler, Mr_Fister
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroyable objects with fast respawns?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mr_Fister
posted
Any ideas on this welcome as I have no basis to even start myself lol.
I envision targets ( say shields ) floating in various hard to hit spots in a training map. You would jump around and hit em to break them, and give them a short respawn time so they come back quick enuff for repetetive training routines. Would make a nice addition to any map while waiting for others to join. Alas I have many ideas for where to put them, but no idea how to make them :mourn: . Well there ya go...

Fist

Posts: 691 | Location: The Ocean! | Registered: Wed January 22 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Magistrate
Picture of Manowar
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I hope you find an answer because that sounds like a kickass idea, Fisty.

Posts: 2948 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: Fri January 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emeritus
Picture of Impaler
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool.
The breakable thing is easy enough (one hit-one gone) but the respawn is kinda hard. I'll look over the Rune scripts (when i'll get some time off) and i'll give you an answer asap Fist Beer

Posts: 539 | Location: Romania | Registered: Sun January 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Fister
posted Hide Post
One idea I was messing with is maybe using stools or something else that is already breakable, but just make them respawn somehow.
Hope that helps . Smile

Posts: 691 | Location: The Ocean! | Registered: Wed January 22 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Fister
posted Hide Post
Hey in case anyone reads this...... I have no need of this request as I found an alternative finally.
I use very thin target shaped movers which are activated by weapon hits. They are very thin and they rotate VERY fast (as opposed to up/down moves like elevators) so when you hit them they turn sideways and "look" like they disappear, but in actuality they are just very thin hehe. Now I am modifying some maps to not be as boring when alone lol Smile.

Phil
Picture of Socketboy
posted Hide Post
lol cool i'll have to try it when you are done

Posts: 2090 | Location: Colorado,USA | Registered: Wed March 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Fister
posted Hide Post
Update here..... surprisingly I didn't think of this earlier but....
\well the rotating targets work ok, but you could still see them sideways so it was a bit hoaky. Instead I made targets just like in a circus shooting gallery (water pistols not heroin lol).
They fall into holes fast when you hit them with anything though... any way to make it JUST when a weapon hits it and not people/monsters?

Sunshine
Picture of Pencil
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1308 | Location: NJ | Registered: Tue November 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lamur
Picture of SHADY
posted Hide Post
there are more plastic flamingos in the united states then re... WTF IS THAT A PINK DILDO!?!?!?!?

Posts: 1042 | Location: Belmont CA | Registered: Tue January 28 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peregrine
posted Hide Post
Are you really happy with this result? I think most people agree with it and I also want to say that this is a good Louis Vuitton iPhone 5S Case

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri November 01 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post